If you are involved in an incident follow these steps:
- Remain at the scene.
- If the incident occurred on CSU campus, contact campus police.
- If the incident occurred off-campus, contact the police department for that jurisdiction
- Do not admit fault, even if you are issued a citation.
- Ask other driver for name, license number, insurance carrier, policy number, and contact information.
- Make a note of the license plate number, year, make, and model of the other vehicle(s).
- If witnesses are present, ask for their names and phone numbers.
- Make a note of the police report number.
Please make sure you report accident to CSUPD (on campus) or law enforcement having jurisdiction. Please report incident to RMI via https://live.origamirisk.com/Origami/Incidents/New and complete a Transportation Services Vehicle Accident Report form at http://ptsdata.colostate.edu/files/VehicleAccidentReport.pdf.
CSU employees may be covered by CSU’s workers compensation insurance for auto related injuries.