Auto Liability

Colorado State University provides property damage and liability insurance to vehicles titled to CSU, or leased by CSU. For drivers and vehicles operated and stationed outside of the state, please make sure that vehicles are insured by contacting us.

CSU employees and authorized volunteers in the course and scope of their employment/ appointment are covered for their alleged or actual liability resulting from automobile accidents while driving vehicles owned or leased by CSU. A $1,000 per loss property damage deductible is charged to the responsible CSU department.

CSU’s liability and caps are governed by the CGIA.

RMI Guidance on Emergency Transportation

To initiate the claim process please contact Joyce Pratt at 970.491.1432 or