Workers’ Compensation Process
An employee injured in the course and scope of his/her employment should follow the below steps. For emergencies, an employee should seek appropriate medical care then follow the process below.
- Notify your supervisor/departmental contact of your injury.
- Complete the first report of injury at: http://rmi.prep.colostate.edu/insurance/incident-reporting/
- Seek medical treatment from a CSU Authorized Treating Physician (ATP) for Workers’ Compensation.
- This information is available through your department.
- On the Authorized Treating Physicians page
- By contacting the CSU Workers’ Compensation office at (970) 491-6745.
- Provide your supervisor/department with medical updates after each visit to the ATP.
- Return to work
- If temporary restrictions don’t allow you to continue in your regular job, contact Risk Management at (970) 491-6745 or Kenda at (970) 491-4832.
- Review the Temporary Modified Duty page for more information
- Review Employee Guide.
- You will receive a call from the claims adjuster at CCMSI. Please make sure to return their call, as they will need to discuss your claim with you.
- Provide any needed information as soon as possible to all providers/parties so that the claim can progress in a timely and beneficial manner.
- Attend all medical appointments and actively participate in medical recovery and your return to full duty.
- Submit missed time and medical documentation, as required and in a timely fashion.
- Information on Lost Time
- Review, understand and comply with CSU personnel and workers’ compensation protocols.
- When you have questions, contact us:
- CSU workers’ compensation manager: Kenda Weigang, (970) 491-4832
- Your claims adjuster at CCMSI
- Review other sections on this website for more information regarding the process.
Contact CSU Workers’ Compensation
(970) 491-4832 – (970) 491-6745